Thread: Worldmap for Online RPG

Post Worldmap for Online RPG

Map completed by Coyotemax.

Thanks!
    Last edited by master_wu; 04-22-2010 at 11:22 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Seems like an interesting project, I'll give some thought to maybe giving it a shot.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome Master Wu.
    I think you have an interesting project going on.

Here are some additional questions that will make it easier to find the right cartographer for your task:

1) Do you want the map to be isometric-ish like shown in your example, or don't you care about that aspect? I know you said the particular style is up for grabs, but it would help to know how important that aspect is for you.

2) I noticed your concept maps are not very consistent. Is that because you haven't mapped your game world yet, or is it because you would accept the effort to change it? In my book, a mapper tries to represent the given world as best as possible. If you present different maps showing different versions... that makes things really difficult. You should at least post what the world is now against what was envisioned, so changes on both sides can be kept to a minimum.

3) I guess you are looking for one big map that covers all zones? Or do you want seperate maps for each zone?

4) It would be nice to see a screenshot of how hills and mountains and forests and light brush are represented in the game, so the artist can choose where to put what.

Just some thoughts here, that hopefully will help find the right cartographer for the job.
    Last edited by Tear; 09-17-2009 at 06:31 PM. Reason: typo

Map completed by Coyotemax.

Thanks!
    Last edited by master_wu; 04-22-2010 at 11:23 PM.

Created a new request to replace this one.. so this thread can be closed