Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GIMP Smooth Path plugin

Post GIMP Smooth Path plugin

If you've ever wanted to define a path of points and then draw a smooth curve through those points (e.g. for rivers, roads, borders, etc), then I have created a GIMP plugin for you. The Smooth Path GIMP plugin takes the active path and smooths it according to a Bezier interpolation algorithm I will not bore you with here. Below is a screenshot to illustrate what I mean:

You have the option of preserving corners sharper than a specified angle. A preview of what these settings do can be found here.

Download the plugin from here or here.

Thanks to the legendary RobA for his valuable contributions to this plugin.
    Last edited by ijontichy; 11-05-2009 at 05:47 PM. Reason: updated link

Wow, im gonna try it!!! Thanks

My work is under CC licences, you can see wich one apply in the work itself, if there is no CC logo, you can assume is an: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence

Need more rights, just mail me and we can chat about it.

It is quite handy if you combine it with my fractalize path script (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=6465 since I haven't added it to my sig yet, I just realized!)...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sm.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	17284

Black is a stroked 2 point path.

Green is stroked fractalize path.

Blue is after running this excellent smooth plugin on that!

-Rob A>

Looks great!
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Black is a stroked 2 point path.

Green is stroked fractalize path.

Blue is after running this excellent smooth plugin on that!

Mmm, i will try this for sure... XD

My work is under CC licences, you can see wich one apply in the work itself, if there is no CC logo, you can assume is an: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence

Need more rights, just mail me and we can chat about it.

I've had issues with trying to install plug-ins. Where does the smooth-path.c file belong? I THINK the regular file goes into plug-ins...? Thanks for all of the inspiration you folks provide!

~EC

This looks great, but how do I get it to work? I have tried running the .exe (it can't find "libgimp-2.0-0.dll"), putting both the .c and the .exe in my scripts folder (other scripts in there are working), and taking the code from the .c and making it into a plugin (I still have no idea how to do this). Am I just not finding the menu entry (I'd think it would be right around your fractalize path, RobA), or am I loading it incorrectly?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast