This is my second completed map, and it looks pretty damn good if I say so myself. I've gotten quite a bit of experience out of this map and picked up a few useful techniques along the way. I'm quite happy with the way it turned out and I hope you will like it as well.
Also attached is a write-up on the fluff attached to this map. It's 1750 words long (that's two and a half pages, single-spaced) so keep your T, L, D, and R keys at the ready.
My work is under CC licences, you can see wich one apply in the work itself, if there is no CC logo, you can assume is an: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence
Need more rights, just mail me and we can chat about it.
Looks good. A couple of comments - if you're going to warp some of the text, I'd warp all of it, otherwise the horizontal text looks out of place. Also I'd suggest a slightly more legible font. That has lots of character, and would be great for the over all title, but I'd suggest something a little cleaner for the labels so that it's clear even for the smallest labels.
I love the sand texture and I think the icons work well. Good stuff!
AWESOME MAP IS AWESOME!!!!!
K i got several questions on how you made it.
1. What the sand texture that you using in that Uber desert? It looks awesome.
2. How did you get that single mountain in the center of your uber desert to look so good?
3. Whats the culture of the Dragonborn? I get that the Empire is either Roman or Greek, but i cant tell if the Dragonborn are Arabic or Indian.
4. Will you make a map of the Greater Continent?
Also i enjoyed the backstory that came with the map. It added depth and flavor to the world and help flesh it out really well.
2) I don't think it looks particularly good, and it's not really meant to be a single mountain but a small collection of them. Not really a range, but you know. Follow RobA's mountain tutorials.
3) The Imperium Saerdastim is a parallel of the Roman Republic with a bit of Byzantine religious influence (still polytheistic though). The dragonborn or Rexani ("Of Rexa, Rexa's Children, Rexa's Servants," etc.) are a pseudo-Islamic empire. They're about as far as you can get from India, since with the rise of their monotheistic religion they abolished their caste system and their diet is mostly meat, fish, and eggs, with some fruits and veggies to supplement it. Most of their agriculture is actually to make food for their fodder.
4) Yes, I was working my way up to it. It will probably take me a month or two to get this all finished, which is good because I'm nowhere near ready to run my campaign.