Thread: Hello There!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Hello There!

Hi. I go online by Tiana, I'm a writer and an artist, 19 years of age and Canadian. That should serve for the introduction part, right? Well... I'm also not a map-maker. I know nothing about geology. I'd done all of a handful of map pencil sketches over the seven years of my writing and artistic life. They were all crappy. They also primarily focused on one world location, relevant to a story I'm involved in the creation of, for a webcomic and RP and just plain ol fantasy writing. So I set out on a quest! A quest... for... map-making tutorials. To make a not-crappy fantasy map! Which brought me here. So I registered to see the tutorials, and to oogle at other people's signifigantly-better-than-my-map work.

Anyway, I'm a writer and a painter and now the proud owner of a map that's taken me HOURS to create and it's STILL NOT DONE. D: And now that I've learned more about geography than I ever knew before, I now know that the rivers are crappy and illogical and the lakes are wonky and the mountains don't do that but... but... but... oh well. It's fantasy. MAGIC DID IT. That's right, magic somehow makes rivers branch weird! I'd change things if it wasn't already an established RP setting with rivers in these places doing this stuff...

T_T

(I still like it anyway!)

So yeah. This is my first (nonsketchy) map. It's still a work in progress, but right now I'm too busy trying to figure out how to fix my river violations to finish adding type and details and making better province borders. Guess I should've made it a WIP thread instead, but this critter really is why I joined this site, so it can stand as my introduction!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	almaeramapwip.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	377.6 KB 
ID:	17259