Thread: [taken][paid]Two Fantasy Maps Required

Post [taken][paid]Two Fantasy Maps Required

I’m looking for someone to create a couple of print quality, professional looking maps for a Christmas themed event we are staging in camp in Vancouver Canada. I can pay some money for this but the budget isn’t that large..!!

There will be two maps, one for the camp itself (I have a layout sketch already) and the other for the surrounding area upto around 10 miles or so. The surrounding area will actually be based on a map of the area (Google or other) and the built up areas will be real – just fantasized up a little.

The camp is being transformed into Santa Clauses North Pole. The existing buildings will be renamed into other “North Poleish” type things. This will be a real place and a real area and a real event. The overall theme should be olde worlde, maybe like a pirate type map.

Timescales - are pretty tight - Sorry..!

The artist can use it for his portfolio but not for commercial gain. We will own the copyright and it will be used for the event and on items for sale in the event.

I can forward further info....

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Question

Could you post the layout sketch?
    What's the deadline exactly?
    How much can you pay?

Post Example maps

The attached 3 files should give an idea on what is required. The "surrounding area" map does not have to show all the detail, just the main population areas and road. North of the "A" showing the Sasamat lake is mountains. The "Sasamat area simple" is a clearer version showing the roads and main population areas only.

As far as pay, well take a look and let me know what you can do and how much you think.

The deadline is a week or two.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map of sasamat area.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	17371   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map of Sasamat.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	666.5 KB 
ID:	17372   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sasamat area simple.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	17374  

Quote Originally Posted by north View Post
    The attached 3 files should give an idea on what is required. The "surrounding area" map does not have to show all the detail, just the main population areas and road. North of the "A" showing the Sasamat lake is mountains. The "Sasamat area simple" is a clearer version showing the roads and main population areas only.

As far as pay, well take a look and let me know what you can do and how much you think.

The deadline is a week or two.
    I imagine an old-style look for both maps. I did a sketch. If you send me your e-mail address via personal message I can send it to you.

Let us know if the commission is taken, I will then change the topic of this thread.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Hi Sapiento, I sent you a PM with my email, let me know if you got it.

Quote Originally Posted by north View Post
    Hi Sapiento, I sent you a PM with my email, let me know if you got it.
    Got it and sent you the sketch.