Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feeding Hills - (post-challenge) WIP

That's a great writeout Ashenvale... I always thought shadows should all be cast the in same direction, so you opened my eyes
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Oh, and looking at your map again... maybe you can add some cows or sheep to the "good" village. Just a suggestion, it doesn't need cattle, but it might make the map look even more great.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Thanks for the clarification!

That does seem to make sense, even to a non-artist like myself.
    Selden

Map

Is there a good, solid tutorial here on perspective rules? I'd hate to think our members are shaky on two- and three-point perspective if they're working with isometric maps (or even mountain clones that depict mountains from the side).

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I don't remember one being here at the guild and I've never looked for one on the web (learned it way back when). That's why I was asking you back in the challenge wip if you laid yours out or just eyeballed it...either way, nice. If you want to do one then go ahead, I'll give ya a good rating for a needed tut
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

Shaping up delightfully. I'll have to read this thread up and down later when I have some time to absorb it.

Almost off topic, Inkscape does support 2 point perspective (cubes at least) which can be handy as a guide for further work/painting/sketching.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pers1.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	17418

You can also change the vanishing points for previously drawn items connected to those perspective points, and they will change to follow the new point(s).

-Rob A>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123