Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Photoshop: Using the Clone Stamp tool for better Brush work

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

aaah, there it goes.

that will be a tad more useful. I hadn't thought to check off that one.

if you want to cycle through several types of mountains/hills/whatever, looks like you would still need to redefine after every stamp, but this is gonna make forests an absolute joy

and after working with it a bit more, I'm finding the redefine after each placement to be not as annoying as it was the first few time. It's just getting into a rhythm. Having them in a separate file certainly helps, plus I found having them all at a standard distance/within a certain sized box helps, then i can drop guidelines so I can click the brush in the exact center easier each time.
    Last edited by Coyotemax; 12-08-2009 at 12:12 PM.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Just as a side note, I was all excited figuring I could use the scatter properties for the brushes to slap trees all over heck and back.

Apparently the additional brush properties still use the positioning relative to the initial alt-click. So yeah, still gotta place everything one click at a time.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Locution's Avatar

I am not sure if I gave the proper credit but I used this technique for my Empire of Galladorn map with the brushes from Ramah's Vaniya map. Thanks a bunch for this!

I am not sure if you mentioned this, but it might be helpful for some of the photoshop folks: You can actually define up to five different sources for your clone stamp, and switch between them by clicking the buttons in the brush menu rather than clicking back on the image. This is helpful if you don't want to have to keep the clone sources on the screen.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

and if you wanna go even faster - you can go to keyboard shortcut > palettes > clonetool and set shortcuts for them
    And remember, where you clone from doesn't have to be in the same image as where you clone too
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Awesome! I never knew that was there! Rep to you both.

err... Rep to one of you. Apparently I repped tilt recently.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Blog Entries

well, its the thought that counts
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

My rep mallet recharged, so tilt got what was coming to him.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Blog Entries

*lol*... thank you for remembering - much appreciated
    regs tilt

Do we have this in Gimp? I don't really understand that clone stamp thing, it's weird.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast