Thread: crosshatch pattern

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post crosshatch pattern

Here is a crosshatching fill pattern I made. RobA also has a great example of one too.

My method:

I just made a 20 by 20 square with a 2 pixel wide line ever 2 pixels, added a slight amount of ripple to it.

Then I took the square and cut it into an irregular shape and made it a smart object so I could rotate it all I wanted without loss.

When I layed down a roughly 100 by 100 pixel patch of these shapes I merged them and made them a new smart object then did the same thing with the group until I had covered a 1000 x 1000 canvas.

flattened that out. Put it in the top corner of a 2k by 2k canvas and laid out 3 more so that it was a 2 by 2 of the big patch.

Used the clone stamp tool to get rid of the seams and then cropped the canvas down to the center 1000 x 1000...poof repeating pattern.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crosshatch.png 
Views:	1321 
Size:	516.6 KB 
ID:	17354  
    My debut novel, The Final Warden is available on Amazon.com in paperback and on Kindle.

Please visit my blog for more information about my writing and my art

Please visit my sketchbook on Conceptart.org
    TomCardin

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Thanks for the contribution!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

This is your way of telling me that I should bust out and learn about smart objects isn't it? And when I'm done with that, you'll tempt me into slices right? I'm onto you.