Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WIP untitled world in another style

i think it looks good. I like how your coastlines look.

3. You don't get big stretches of mountain the way your have on the western continent. It just doesn't happen.
    This map doesn't represent earth and it is much smaller so I dont see any reason why there can't be a long stretch of mountains? The appalachian mountains range from Newfoundland all the way to Alabama in a pretty straight line. over 1600 miles.
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    As someone whose stepfather was a logger and who has spent many months working on a logging crew, I would decidedly disagree with this statement. In fact, both types of trees CAN in fact exist within the same forest. The further north/south you go from the equator(assuming an earth like world), the conifers tend to take over. Likewise, conifers tend to dominate at higher altitudes.
    I said mix, not co-exist. They can co-exist, sure. But there's just one conifer every few trees on the map. It doesn't make sense.

In reply to the mountains, well, I withdraw my statement. I'm still weirded out by it, but *Shrug*

I think the "problem" is that this represents a fantasy world (d&d setting) which has its specials.
    The "tree-problem" is not really big because the trees are only "icons whisch stand for "woods" in common,
    they should not represent a tree for every tree at the map.
    The "Nebelländer" is an area which is covered by fog (part of the setting-story)
    So it is not my intention to show a geological correct map. However, i thank all of you for your comments so far!
    (I hope you can understand my crapy english ;-))

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123