Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sep/Oct Lite Entry - Mapbox

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

icosahedron: in theory no, but I recall at least one comment on a vote in regards to my map in the last challenge.. "i'd forgotten what it looked like close up, i should have clicked on the thumbnail before voting..."

Personally, I start going through the entries a day or two beforehand, and check out each map in detail, write down observations on each, and then start to narrow it down. yes, I take my voting very seriously

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by icosahedron View Post
    ...Surely nobody votes from those alone?
    You would hope so but I fear that people dont follow threads or even look at threads on the final vote. I would imagine that they click through to the map via the thumbs at the very least.

I've, er...voted from thumbs alone - usually when I'm really pressed for time. In fact I missed a great map (I think it was Coyote's) in doing so which I would have voted for had I seen it 'in large'.

Hmm, ok so I'm too naive and trusting of my fellows' diligence...

I don't go to your lengths, Coyotemax, but I get a gut feeling for the entries having viewed each one at full size.

If I don't have time to look at them properly, I don't vote. I'd rather give a null vote than a wrong vote.
    Mapping a Traveller ATU.

See my (fantasy-based) apprenticeship blog at:

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...forums&sx=1024

Look for Chit Chat, Sandmann's blog. Enjoy.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I usually open up all of the thumbnails into browser tabs at full res, then look back and forth at them a lot, closing tabs to eliminate, until I have 3 left.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12