Thread: Climate help needed!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help Climate help needed!

I'm working with this map:
    [IMG]On second thought, check the thumbnail at the bottom of the page instead, the page got too wide when I posted the full-size image.[/IMG]
    I know it's full of mistakes and **** (like way too many hotspots), but it's like a practice map I'm making before I start working on a real conworld map. The next thing I need to work on is the climate. On this map, the water currents are already marked with arrows (blue for cold water, red for hot), but I think I need to mark the wind pattersn, like in these maps:

I guess I need to mark the low and high pressure areas first, because the winds depend on them. But I have no idea how to go about doing that. I mean, where should these different pressure areas be? Can anyone help? The planet is just slightly smaller than Earth, I don't remember the exact size and can't seem to find my notes, but it's like 39,980 km across the Equator or something. It's similar to Earth in all other aspects as well. Um, I don't know what else you need to know about the cosmology in order to answer my questions, but just ask me whatever you need to know. Though, I haven't really decided much about the planet.

I tried searching for "climate" on this site, but couldn't find anything relevant. I also looked through a few pages of the tutorials section, but it was just too much to look through everything.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qws_map.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	17387   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jan.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	17388   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jul.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	17389  
    Last edited by Qwynegold; 10-04-2009 at 02:04 PM.