Thread: Orwingel City -- Looking for Critiques

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Map Orwingel City -- Looking for Critiques

Below is the link to the map of Orwingel, a city that my online campaign will be beginning in. I'm rather happy with the way this city has come out, and the style worked well for this city. I have plans on doing several other cities for my campaign, and the next one will be the capital, which will be significantly larger than this one. So, before I move on to the capital, I would like to know how everyone feels about this map. Does the style work for you? What would you change? Anything at all. This map is mostly done, though I'm willing to go in and make changes. It's just that stylistically, changes will be very time consuming. So, let me know what you would change so that I can do my future maps differently.

Thanks.

http://www.colabore.org/orwingel.gif

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Praise

I like the style a lot actually. It seems like its missing something, but I can't tell what, but I'm a big fan of stylization, and this one has it.

I do think the Waters edge for all the water bodies is a little too pixellated...Thats really all I can think of at the moment...
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I like this map, although I'm not fond of the tree "dots"--very distracting & unrealistic.

The colos could use a little subduing, too; a bit too pastel. This, however is just my preference & nothing "wrong" with the map.

Good job! Keep it up!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Default Compliments

I like the scale of the regional map. I also approve of how you portrayed your built up areas. Its a great player map that offers just enough detail to entice the player allowing for them to wonder what could be in the labeled as well as the random unlabeled buildings.
    "Rationality is the recognition of the fact that nothing can alter the truth and nothing can take precedence over that act of perceiving it."

Atlas Shrugged authored by Ayn Rand

Guild Apprentice Revivalofhonor's Avatar

I agree on the trees, I'm not sure what it is, but the individual dots seems off. The look of the map however I really like, some thing about the city feels very real in it's layout.

Guild Journeyer

I think the text should be larger, I have a hard time making it out.

The only thing that jumped out at me was the Urodimer Estates are really orthogonal, whereas nothing else in the map is. At first I though it was a detail enlargement box, but then realized it was just a rectangular wall aligned exactly NSEW.

-Rob A>