Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New map of the Valley (Campaign Cartographer 3)

Thanks everyone!
    I am almost sad I can't work on this map anymore
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    I am almost sad I can't work on this map anymore
    But maps like home repairs/renovations are never truly done, it's all a matter of whether you want to keep 'tinkering'
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Wow! This is an amazing map! I assume you put in a lot of thought in creating this map. It reminds me a lot of Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, except yours is much bigger. Looking at your map triggers lots of tabletop gaming potential. Repping this definitely!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Can't believe I didn't comment on this map before - wow nice!
    I just spent almost a full 30 minutes just scrolling through and looking at things even though i know I need to run errands and work on time sensitive projects

(edit - at least I did rep you for it at the time you posted, jsut can't understand why I didn't leave a comment)

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

It's got SHEEP - it ROCKS!!

Seriously, the sheep made me smile but this looks like a huge labor of love. I could totally use this for a game world.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Wow! Like others who've already commented on your map Gandwarf, I myself never much cared for CC. I was aware of the software long before I discovered the guild, but it never captivated my interest until now. Your map is the first I've seen that has given me cause to think twice about my earlier evaluation of the software (though in all fairness to other CC users of the guild I haven't spent allot of time really delving into other work done here using CC). The amount of detail is also impressive, and the overall "compositional" layout is fantastic. Great job, and here's some Rep.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh

Thanks for all the comments guys. I am still rather proud of this map and I can't wait to hang it on the wall in my new house

And the sheep were just something that seemed to fit in. I know it's a bit silly
    Devinknight didn't post his symbols yet when I made this map, otherwise I might have used a lot of those.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

A good use of the Default style. From one Master to Another...Kudos!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Being a newbie here, I'm surprised to learn that CC is so hated!

Love the map, Gandwarf! Also, it's very imaginative, an "oasis" in an endless arctic. Awesome!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I don't think that CC is hated - it's just not as preferred as other software.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast