Thread: Lords of Waterdeep Board Game Map

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Schley's Avatar

Default Lords of Waterdeep Board Game Map

Hello again!
    Here's a map and border design created for WotC's D&D themed board game "Lords of Waterdeep". The coloration and shading are sparse since there are design elements placed over top of the artwork in the final printed board.

Let me know what you think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map_LordsOfWaterdeep.jpg 
Views:	17045 
Size:	700.3 KB 
ID:	43930  
    Last edited by Schley; 04-11-2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Forgot to attach image.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

That is another great map! The large more detailed buildings bring out the fact that those buildings are important for the game. That outside track has loads of unique detail. There are a few good pictures of the final game board here (@board game geek)

If you don't mind me asking, what are the dimensions and dpi of the finished version? I saw how well the image held up to the size the game board is and the finished product is amazing!

Reped
    @BHfuturist Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

Hey i have this game and i like the map, bravo

Very cool map!

Good map and amazingly good ratings on the game in BGG!

TheRedEpic: could you give us a brief rundown, how the game plays?

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

Okies

Well each player plays a lord or character that is vying for control of the city. The game is played using agent pieces to collect quest cards and adventurers to complete those quests. You do this by assigning agents one by one and sending them to different locations in the city. These locations give you specific things, like rogues, priests, gold, etc. You can also play intrigue cards to hurt or help your friends and enemies. The game is played over 8 turns, and the quests you complete give you victory points that move your token farther along the board edge. The lord or lady that you play give specific bonus points to quests you complete at the end of the game, these quests falling into several categories like Warfare, Mercantile, Skullduggery, or Piety. Its quiet easy to play, but alot of fun when you play 5 players, and def. has alot of replay value.

Hop that helps a bit! for 50$ its a steal!

~Jared