Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aronbor Revisited

Blog Entries

Default Aronbor Revisited

Hi all,

So after a long hiatus where my motivation tottered somewhere around the zero mark, I decided to try and ease myself back into this map making lark by revisiting an old one and making some ammendments that had always bothered me. It was only supposed to be a bunch of small changes like the iso icons, making them so they are all closer to the same angle and a few changes to some hills.
    I ended up giving it far more of a facelift than intended. It's still essentially the same map and unless you look closely some may not be able to tell the difference other than the new colour palette. There were in fact a lot of changes though and it took me a lot more hours than I had hoped. Still, it's done now and hopefully I can now lay this map to rest.

So I give you, Aronbor Revisited...

EDIT: This first image is saved at 50% size, the only way I could get the image to work in the thumbnailer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aronbor_Revised_Final_Small.jpg 
Views:	823 
Size:	4.31 MB 
ID:	34183

EDIT: This next link is to an image saved at 100% size, albeit with a little compression to keep the file size down.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aronbor - Revised - Final Low.jpg 
Views:	1189 
Size:	4.26 MB 
ID:	34143

Done completely in Photoshop using a Wacom Bambo tablet.

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Ramah; 03-07-2011 at 02:58 PM.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

It happens a lot - just resave the image, dump the old one from the site, and upload the new one. The most I've ever had to do that was 3 times. Anyways, great stuff, man.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

Hmm. I've tried saving it six times now and every one has uploaded the same, with a question mark in the attachment manager. Sometimes it doesn't even upload, it goes through the motions and then opens a box saying it isn't a valid format or something. But then if I re-upload the very same image it uploads it but as I say, just the question mark. :S

I've also tried varying states of compression on the jpeg to keep the file size lower. Still no joy.

EDIT: I managed to get one to upload correctly but only after I had reduced the size of the image to 50%. Odd.
    Last edited by Ramah; 03-07-2011 at 02:59 PM.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I've gotten the failed upload once as well. It's all in the software here and I'm not that keen on how it handles our images. Oh well, at least we tried. Sorry, man.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Beautiful map Ramah

The old one was amazing, and this is more so. It will go right into my 'inspiration' folder next to the previous version.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

While this is really nice, it's a little 'busy' for me - I prefer the original.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Novice

Possibly the best map I've seen on the website imo. The colours you used suit the map much better than the ones in the original Aronbor map (and that one was good to begin with). Nice work.

I agree with Whip It. From the colors to the symbols and the names you've used, the map tells a story and is one of my favorites. Kudo's!!

Blog Entries

Thanks guys. I much prefer this version to the original (which I now look at and go "eeew, what was I thinking?"). With the responses this thread received though I figured it was mainly just me that felt that way though.

Good to know it ain't just me and RE that feels that way. Hehe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast