Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New map of the Valley (Campaign Cartographer 3)

Post New map of the Valley (Campaign Cartographer 3)

Some years ago I did a map of the Valley, the fantasy world I am creating:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=2977

Recently I wanted to do some regional maps and I started mapping the area around Verena:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=6605

I wasn't able to stop unfortunately and in the end I created a new map of my world (I guess it's a regional map on a worldmap scale ). I forgot to post it up in the Finished Maps section, so here it is.

The Valley is a large, fertile area that is home to a few million people. This valley is enclosed by mountains and eternal snow plains.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thevalley_large2.jpg 
Views:	5303 
Size:	4.29 MB 
ID:	17391  
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

I've always hated Campaign Cartographer but you do some beautiful work with it. Kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorus Prime View Post
    I've always hated Campaign Cartographer but you do some beautiful work with it. Kudos.
    Thanks.
    I can understand the dislike, CC3 doesn't have an intuitive interface and the maps made with it often look alike. Still, if you master the software you can make some pretty sweet looking stuff.

Not saying I mastered it yet, but I am certainly making the software work for me
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Blog Entries

Gandwarf... you just demonstrated the cartographical equivalent of shaving with a light saber. This piece is a testament to your endurance and your loyalty. ProFantasy doesn't deserve your love.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Immolate View Post
    Gandwarf... you just demonstrated the cartographical equivalent of shaving with a light saber. This piece is a testament to your endurance and your loyalty. ProFantasy doesn't deserve your love.
    LOL @ this!

It's a wonderful map Gandwarf. I liked the original one you did but this updated version is just wow. So much to see in it, it just boggles the mind.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Gandwarf... you just demonstrated the cartographical equivalent of shaving with a light saber.
    LOL indeed.

ProFantasy doesn't deserve your love.
    Well, their software is the only way I can create a decent map. My handdrawn maps kinda suck and my skill in graphics software like Photoshop or Paint Shop is just not good enough. I wouldn't know how or where to start (expect maybe follow the tutorials here, but I never can push myself to follow a tutorial, because I get easily confused and it starts to resemble work and I hate work ).
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 10-04-2009 at 06:30 PM.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I despaired of creating a pretty map with CC a long time before I found this forum ... yet you manage to do so consistently. Hats off

Wow. Nice looking map but even better is its cool-factor. I want it in my campaign world.

And, yeah, I've never used CC3 but Fractal Mapper gives me the shudders...never could get anything decent out of it...so I'm very impressed that you can get a similar program to jump through such hoops.
    M

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Wow, that map is HUGE. Very cool looking. As others have said, your ability to do some very nice things in CC is really a testament to you and your skill. This is a very cool looking world, and got to say I like it alot.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

I liked the first draft of this map that you posted, Gandwarf, and this one is even better. I absolutely love how you've used the symbols. The ravens over Ravenburcht, the ruins of Oud Kaag, the horses and sheep, and the way you group symbols to make the towns and villages just gives every one of them its own unique character and layout. As for the cities! Well, they're just minature versions of your outstanding city maps, but should I expect less from the master!

The most inventive use of core CC3 symbols I've ever seen. 800 XP and The Tome of the Northern Winds +3.

DMG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast