Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paragonia, the Continent That Wasn't

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Ascension's tuts may be fantastic (I honestly wouldn't know, as I don't have PS, so can't really use his, though by his own results they must be pretty great), but this map, too, is fantastic. Beautiful aged look, it just sings to me.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Fantastic map! I really like the brush you have used for the mountain shapes.

Blog Entries

Thanks all!

Katto: the mountains were created using a single elongated tear-drop brush using shape and direction dynamics. So basically I just drew the "shape" of the mountain range and the whiskers all fell into place. I learned that from Butch Curry on one of his excellent videos. I give credit to Ascension for explaining how to use shape dynamics to create a tear-drop however, which is extremely useful when you have to create a lot of them. I didn't use that technique in this project, but it's very cool.

Thanks Immolate! I'll have to check this.

Blog Entries

Any subtleties were purely accidental, or can be blamed on the tutorial.

I love parchment style maps like this, and this one could easily be used for a camaign setting. It's really detailed and subtley coloured, but what impressed me the most is the perspective you created with the grid. I imagine a huge planet. Exciting.

Great work. 600 XP.

I really need to spend some more time with Asc's tutorials... I cherry-picked from them for the maps I worked on, but this is a beautiful map and I would love to have some practice with this style.

That said, you're being too modest Imm. As your other work here has shown, its not just Asc's prodigious and well-documented brilliance that made this map great

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12