Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canthar

Thanks again for everyone's encouraging replies. All along I've been trying to do something different with CC3, and looks like I did.

Zenram, I made the regional map just by creating some draw tools inspired by issue 24 of the Cartographer's Annual: Shaded Reliefs. The rest is just sheet effects, really. Send me a PM and I'd be happy to share the techniques with you. I've never written a tutorial for anything. I tend to over-explain things, lol, but if there are a few CC3 users who would be interested in a tutorial for this style, Just let me know and I'll see what I can put together.

Thanks.

DMG

I *really* like the world map. One one hand, it feels very busy and vibrant, I think due to the font choice and the multiple maps. On the other, it keeps its high-level overview feel of a nice world map.

I like the regional map slightly less, although I do think its very good. There are really only two things I didn't like. I'm not a huge fan of the heavy variance in width on the rivers--it just rubs me wrong. I also think that the valleys between the ridges is a little blank, and some texture might be nice there. That said, think the way you laid out the mountain ridges is really top notch, and the forest texture is really good as well.

Thanks, msa. Nice ctiticism, and I agree on both counts. The rivers felt awkward to me too, and I haven't figured out how to extend the mountain textures into the valleys yet. However, the regional map is just a crop of the full map of Ithlond I'm still making, and I'll be experimenting with some other techniques as I finish off the rest of it. Hopefuly I'll stumble across a good effect.

DMG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12