Thread: *** October 2009 Challenge - Trading ***

Post *** October 2009 Challenge - Trading ***

This month's challenge is the "Trading" concept suggested by Juggernaut1981.

This is another theme challenge, meaning you can do whatever kind of map you like, as long as there is a strong connection to the trading theme.

Trading started with the start of communication in prehistoric times. At first it was mainly goods that were bartered, but eventually the concept of money entered our world (and some still think it was a great evil). Trading brought exotic wares to regions and sometimes immense wealth (or poverty). Towns and great fairs were founded near trade routes. Trading also brought new ideas and technology. Even disease. Trading eventually made concepts like investments, corporations and speculation (Tulip Mania anyone?) spring into existence.

Some suggestions for possible maps:

- Map of a trading empire, displaying traderoutes or commodity availability.
    - Sailor's map (how do you get from Rome to Constantinople by boat without running aground?)
    - The Silk Road
    - Supply Chain Map
    - Star System Resourcing
    - Map of a trade building
    - Map of a trade ship
    - Map of an underground market
    - Map of trade fair
    etc

The challenge will end around the 25th of october.

Please title your entry with the name of your map. For example: October Entry - Trading Places
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 10-07-2009 at 04:39 AM.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Sounds very interesting. And gives again the opportunity for many different approaches.

Hmm I think i´m not good enough to participate in the "big challenge" and actually i have not enough time to do another map so quick B U T i think i have to try something because there are much ideas in my mind for mapping trades

Well, im very busy but, hell, this is an interesting one.
    XD

My work is under CC licences, you can see wich one apply in the work itself, if there is no CC logo, you can assume is an: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence

Need more rights, just mail me and we can chat about it.

Only 3 more days everyone! Now is the time to start wrapping up your map if you haven't already.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

A quick notice: I am going to close the challenge in about 20 hours from the time I made this post.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...