Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Junior Cartographer - Post-Apocalyptic Maps

Wip Junior Cartographer - Post-Apocalyptic Maps

Hey all. I'm a newbie cartographer, and I use Microsoft Paint. I run forum games on a website called Junior Generals, and so far I've run three successful Post-Apocalyptic games, where each player would create a sizeable party of characters (called Factions), and work together to fight common foes or each other. Below I'll post the most recent map I've used, and I'll post the WIP one as well. I know that these cannot compare to the wondrous maps that you guys have posted on this site I will also include a WIP world map for an alternate-history game as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crimson Fall Map.PNG 
Views:	2228 
Size:	277.8 KB 
ID:	17448   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crimsonmap.png 
Views:	1308 
Size:	161.0 KB 
ID:	17449   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Current Map.PNG 
Views:	1227 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	17450  
    Last edited by Kyle; 10-06-2009 at 02:26 PM.

Guild Journeyer

I'm at work so I can't see your images. Our company blocks files from personal storage sites. When posting or editing in "advanced mode" there is a button further down the page called "Manage Attachments" that you'll need to use in order to post your maps using the forum's tools.
    “Maps encourage boldness. They're like cryptic love letters. They make anything seem possible.”
    -Mark Jenkins

Quote Originally Posted by wormspeaker View Post
    I'm at work so I can't see your images. Our company blocks files from personal storage sites. When posting or editing in "advanced mode" there is a button further down the page called "Manage Attachments" that you'll need to use in order to post your maps using the forum's tools.
    Thank you sir. All fixed now.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!

Very cool stuff, especially for using the abomination that is MS-Paint.
    There are a couple of other members here who also use MS-Paint with great results.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Nothing to be ashamed of there...those are nice. I really like those city maps. Welcome to The Guild.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks guys!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Not bad at all, I like them.

We have a few alternate history buffs here so you fit right in

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Thanks! Any of them into Cold War types of timelines? Or any Fallout series buffs?

Blog Entries

If you can do that with paint, imagine what you can do with Gimp or Photoshop...

Quote Originally Posted by Immolate View Post
    If you can do that with paint, imagine what you can do with Gimp or Photoshop...
    lol good Lord Gimp is so much different. Today will be the second time I've tried to learn and use Gimp. I've never been a fan of Photoshop - it's too complex for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast