Okay, as the person who inspired the Challenge... I feel a tiny bit compelled to enter. I don't have anything to show in this image, just going to discuss the concept I'm going to run with for my own map.

A merchant's map.
Similar to Coyotemax's map for the last challenge. This will be a map (with notes and potentially a journal/sketchbook entry beside it) showing the Isle of Eagles, the main caravan paths, dangers and other "merchant-relevant" information. There are some thoughts on the sketchbook entry... it will potentially be a carriage/cart design created by a moderately frustrated merchant... frustrations built up by the poor level of security provided by the local rulers.

It's going to be significantly more ambitious than the last map (probably with a table background, map weights, perspective morphing and playing around with some other tools now that I feel I've found a reliable way of making those lightly coloured colonial and pre colonial maps that I tend to like). I'll see how it goes, I have three weeks of train journeys and potentially some time in the office downloading potential backgrounds.

Wish me luck, I think I'll need it.