Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings and Salutations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

My worlds are always about killing demons and devils...monsters are lame. So I look forward to your stuff. Heathers was about a high school clique of popular girls and one of the girls meets the "rebel dude" and they kill one of the girls. Or something like that, it had Christian Slater and Winona Ryder. Minor cult classic for my generation.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Well, mine's not about devils or such... More about demons/daemons in the more ancient sense... Of course, there will definitely be a great many bad ones to run from or fight. ^_^

One thing I'll have fun with, though, is the intrigue of the neutral ones... Ones that may even be helpful to have around... but if you make one wrong move, you could lose a body part... It makes things exciting. lol

If anyone has any ideas that could help me out while I'm at it, I'm all ears. ^_^
    It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the rash again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Heathers was about a high school clique of popular girls and one of the girls meets the "rebel dude" and they kill one of the girls. Or something like that, it had Christian Slater and Winona Ryder. Minor cult classic for my generation.
    This is correct.

And the rebel dude uses the line "Greetings and salutations" pretty often, which is why I asked. Hehe. It wasn't just a totally random question.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Fire View Post
    More about demons/daemons in the more ancient sense...
    Just what do you mean by that? Curious 'cause I might have a few ideas.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Ah... Well... I have no idea where I picked up saying that. lol It may have been in the background one day for me to pick up subconsciously, for all I know.

As to what I mean... If one looks back to the origins of the word "demon" it relates back to the Greek "daimon" which was an attendant spirit or part of ourselves higher than the mortal which acted as a sort of intermediary with the gods. Eventually this also became a sort of embodied spirit, such as when heroes were thought to become daimons in death. The name is then used as a root for the words daemon and demon which originally meant spirits or corporeal spirits who are not human, usually beyond humans in power and lifespan, often demigod-like or intermediary with the gods, and quite frequently possessing a very wild and inhuman nature.

Take for instance the asura of Hindu and the youkai of Shinto. ^_^

They're often quite dangerous to humans, but are far more grey-area than the devils and "demons" of Christianity. ((many of whom are re-imagined forms of gods or demons from old cultures... like Asmodeus and Beelzebub))

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I drew this daemon hunter back in grad school circa mid 90s. Just thought I'd throw it up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daemon-hunter.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	17612  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

cool daemon head.

Well... I suppose as many daemons are known to make meals of people... it's only fair... LOL

oh and.... nipple ring.... kinky. LOL

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Ah I see.... I will have to see if I can dig out my note from ages ago. Back in the day I was toying around with a Celtic campaign with a heavy dose of the spirit world. If that might be along the lines that you are talking about.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Well, Celtic stuff comes with an unfortunate difficulty for me... Most of the delightfully unusual critters are faeries, not demons.

I like faeries, but they're not what this is about, alas. I considered including them... but it would increase the sheer volume I have to deal with terribly...

...that, and Tir na Nog is not supposed to be in another world, to my knowledge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12