Thread: Kihmbar's Science Fiction Objects

Post Kihmbar's Science Fiction Objects

Here are a few sci-fi objects I have made for my Star Wars maps. I needed some equipment for the engineering section of a starship, so here are my reactors, generators, and conduits to connect them. They are pretty basic, but I usually "dirty" them up (with rust or chemical stains) when I place them on a map. [If you would like an example of how I have used these objects on my maps, see my Starship Sections thread. The Engineering section and Engineering overlays use these objects.]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	generator.png 
Views:	396 
Size:	483.8 KB 
ID:	17488 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	conduit.png 
Views:	226 
Size:	234.4 KB 
ID:	17487 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reactor.png 
Views:	380 
Size:	459.0 KB 
ID:	17489

Also, we use some of my maps for online play. I have catwalks on several maps and needed a way to distinguish between who is up on the catwalk and who is down on the floor - hence a Level 1 marker to indicate that the folks on the catwalks are on Level 1 (instead of the Ground level). [I play Advanced Squad Leader and borrowed the Level idea from that game.]
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Level 1 Marker.png 
Views:	270 
Size:	352.6 KB 
ID:	17490
    I don't know how useful that will be to those of you building maps, but it comes in handy when playing online with the maps.

I usually grab objects from The Holocron, RPG MapShare, WotC Forums, or Dundjinni Forums. If it isn't there, or I don't like what is there, I will try to draw something up for myself. (I do not see any use in re-inventing the wheel.)

As always comments, criticisms, suggestions, or bad jokes are welcome. Ok, maybe not the bad jokes.

Thanks Kihmbar,

Most neighborly of you

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

Thanks Kihmbar, When I've found time to make a few, I'll add a folder of my own to join in the neighbourliness - we need as many scifi elements as we can get!
    Mapping a Traveller ATU.

See my (fantasy-based) apprenticeship blog at:

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...forums&sx=1024

Look for Chit Chat, Sandmann's blog. Enjoy.