Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World of Goria

Guild Member

Post World of Goria

I was digging through some old gaming boxes and came across a minis game called Celtos. Really cool looking map (and artwork). I think the game is out of print. I found an image online, so I thought I'd share it

Sample artwork:

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Neat stuff...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Nice map. I wish it was a little bit bigger so I could see the fine details a bit better.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Fir bolg? Anwyn? Is this a game based off of the books by Haydon?
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    They're both pretty classic names from Celtic mythology and culture.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Ah, I see.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by Turgenev View Post
    Nice map. I wish it was a little bit bigger so I could see the fine details a bit better.
    I will try to scan my copy so you can get a better look.

I think this is pretty educational. If you put up a scan see if you can find the copyright information with the original and post it too.

I cant say for certain but google says the artist for the game was christope madura.

Just a thought
    Last edited by Sigurd; 10-08-2009 at 01:08 PM.

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

Post I know Fir Bolgs!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Not sure on Anywn, at the top of my head, but of Celtic Lore, I know Fir Bolgs. Not to mention that Fir Bolgs was a class of giant in D&D 1e - 3e, probably 4e as well.

Fir Bolgs were the human inhabitants of Ireland, when the Tuatha de Danaan arrived. (The Tuatha de Danaan eventually became the gods of Celtic lore.) The Tuatha de Danaan worked with some of the Fir Bolgs in a positive relationship at the start. Eventually Crom, the one-eyed King of the Fir Bolgs, broke the agreement and warred onto the Tuatha de Danaan. The Fir Bolgs were eventually defeated. After which a disease wiped out most of the Tuatha de Danaan. The Celts apparently landed on Ireland just after this.

In fact, one of the Celtic gods, the teacher of the Tuatha de Danaan, was Lugh the Long-handed who was a Fir Bolg and not Celt.

So Fir Bolgs are a very old Celtic tradition, at least several thousand years old. (Feer Vulag is the Celtic pronunciation.)

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 10-08-2009 at 01:37 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Not sure on Anywn, at the top of my head, but of Celtic Lore, I know Fir Bolgs. . .

GP
    Annwn (and variant spellings) is from Welsh mythology. Annwn was the underworld associated with the dead as well as with riches and magic. It was sometimes conceived of as beneath the sea or on an island.

- G

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast