Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salut!

Post Salut!

Evenin'

To be blunt, I'm here to learn how to develop the maps for a gaming campaign I'm part of. I'm mapping program illiterate - heck, I'll be honest: I'm almost computer illiterate, being part of that generation of folks that grew up in the 80s. When some were learning how to program pascal and playing on their tandy's and commodore 64s I was stealing the old man's cigarettes and hanging out by the ocean. Can't say I can complain, some VERY nice times hanging out by the ocean...and some very nice memories of the pretty gals I made time with on the shore...

Anyway - having browsed a bit I already have base of knowledge I lacked before my intro to the website - props to Dragonsfoot forums...several members pointed me in this direction.

All of your help is appreciated. Regards, The Alchemist!

Welcome. Does your campaign have any maps yet, in any condition or state of development? Post them!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing your work. And don't be afraid to post stuff while you learn ... you'll find the folks here very helpful with their comments and constructive criticism.

Ahhhhhhh, the Commodore 64, and it's better cousin the 128. Had em both. Those were the days.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!

I even had a Commodore Vic20
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks, Gang. Will do on posting some stuff in the weeks ahead - many of my campaign maps were destroyed in a flood some years ago, but I've managed to recreate a fair bit, as well as some maps I've handwritten for some fiction I'm writing. Nice to see I'm not the only one who recalls the days of Pong, the Video Game...LoL!!!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Man I spent a ton of time playing Satan's Hollow and Leather Goddesses of Phobos on my c64 and some detective game. Welcome aboard.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I had a Pong.

I also had (well, it was my brother's) a C64. I learned BASIC and wrote a little game called "Miners In Hell" for it. It was like a primitive Dig Dug before Dig Dug ever came out.

Welcome pal!!!

My work is under CC licences, you can see wich one apply in the work itself, if there is no CC logo, you can assume is an: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence

Need more rights, just mail me and we can chat about it.

PONG, Never owned, but i DID own an Intelivision
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast