Thread: Help with Illustrator CS3

Post Help with Illustrator CS3

I'm having trouble joining paths in Illustrator.

History: I imported a plan from AutoCAD into Illustrator, selected & copied the lines that I wanted (contour lines), and copied & pasted them into the actual illustrator file that I am working on. Many of the lines are discontinuous, through no fault of Illustrators.

If I use the Selection tool on any contour path, all the contour paths are selected. If I use the Direct Select tool, I can select a single path or anchor as normal. Insofar as I can tell, I can manipulate, delete, and add anchor points as normal, and new lines to the contour lines.

What I cannot do is join two contour lines. I've cleaned up the paths, and selected the endpoints of the paths. Cntrl-J and the Join command all fail, however - I get the generic message about open paths & etc. I'm guessing that somehow the paths are linked, and this is preventing the join, but I can't figure out how. I've tried using the scissor tool on the endpoints, with no effect. I've also deleted the endpoint and used the new endpoint, to no effect.

Help!

If you want to send the file to me I can take a look at it.
    I'll pm you.

Quote Originally Posted by DevinNight View Post
    If you want to send the file to me I can take a look at it.
    I'll pm you.
    Email me at nellisir at gmail.com; I'll get it sooner.