Thread: Nefaswrythen Sewers - by Karithina

Post Nefaswrythen Sewers - by Karithina

Map (Click to enlarge)

Created in: Photoshop

About
    Although the sewers are beneath Dir'ht, and were built by the workers of the city; these passages have long been abandoned by the saner and wiser citizens.

The caverns, passages and pipes below Dir'ht have fallen into disrepair. They are dangerous both physically and mentally, with most of the smaller and older passageways being more likely to collapse, and the larger being more likely to contain horrors in their echoing dark.

The largest, and safest haven from these dangers is in the sewer's only proper settlement, the city of Foedren. Built from metal and dried sewer plants placed on the top and throughout large, long-forgotten pipes; the homes found in Foedren are unlike any seen this close to the surface.

No one knows quite for sure how long the city has been in existence, or even how long it's people have been around. Only whisperings claim that the rock was hewn by magic dulled long-ago, and the pipes found curiously already in the stone.

It is rumoured by the townspeople of Dir'ht that curious things happen beneath a mansion in Suhg-Doth. The people of Foedren know better, for they all live in fear of Nefaswrythen's lair, the self-named Nefaswrythen Core. The few that have been released from these experimental halls, whisper about vats of glowing ooze, and walls of the thickest metal within the Core, as well as the tortures that they underwent whilst held captive.

Original Thread
    (There was no thread, as I only just began posting... but the large version can be found: Here)
    Last edited by Karithina; 10-10-2009 at 10:44 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Love that wood planking area, very cool.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Like your city map I think it's nicely done.

But again a bit to dark and to small for me...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Looks nice! Good layout, and I like the colors.

I've changed the enlargement link to what it was originally, a much larger file xD