Thread: A city map- the Necropolis- A simple one

Post A city map- the Necropolis- A simple one

Hello all, been a while since I've posted something here. This is a little something I did that I thought you guys could check out and maybe even give me some pointers on. This is the first map in this style that I've done, the building layout and such was already created by someone else, I just made it pretty.

-Adam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TheNecropolismapping-hires.jpg 
Views:	970 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	17710  
    Adam Schmidt
    Illustration and Cartography
    http://www.misteradam.com

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I'm not really sold on the style, but it's executed well. The paper texture looks great, and those craters are amazing.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Are the buildings going to be done in a rubble or still standing, or is this the final? I think it looks fine as is compositionally, although there does seem to be an overwhelming grid-ness to the southern portion. I'm making words up on the fly because I'm cool like dat I don't really have any crits, just that one question.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

it's going to stay like this, i don't plan on drawing the buildings as they look. It's a modern city with streets and stuff, the top left part was rebuilt later in a post apocalypse after the meteors, i think.
    Adam Schmidt
    Illustration and Cartography
    http://www.misteradam.com