Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The City of Dir'ht - by Karithina

Post The City of Dir'ht - by Karithina

Map (Click to enlarge)

Created in: Photoshop

About
    The city of Dir’ht once spanned the entirety of Dir’ht Bay. It was a thriving city of trade and was one of the widest-ranged manufacturer of any city in the surface world.

This was until Nefaswrythen reached the sewers below the town and began to lay ruin to it, and it’s civilians. Buildings crumbled under the war of the parasite-infested against the clean, and buildings fell as tunnels were dug until they became caverns.
    As the people began to rebuild, measures were put in place to restore it in a safer manner, separating it from the sewers. Thick metal plates covered the ground, and large steel walls towered and surrounded the city.

Nobody ventured into the sewers, not even under pay, and all pipes leading to the sewers were used with extreme caution. The city was placed under complete lock-down, and became entirely self-sufficient out of fear of the outside, and under world.

Original Thread
    (There was no thread, as I only just began posting... but the large version can be found: Here)
    Last edited by Karithina; 10-10-2009 at 10:44 PM.

I am a sucker for town maps and I like this one. I like the fact that the town looks like it has seen better times. Have some reputation.
    Is that some kind of huge, crumbling wall surrounding the city?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Very nice colors and good texturing. Nice job.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Oh thank you very much!

And yes it is.
    The city used to be much larger before the war against the Wyrmwreyn and the crumbling walls were the old border built during the war but before the New Dir'ht Corporation began rebuilding the inner city with grander fortifications in both architecture and laws ^^

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I like it, nice job.

But for me it's a little dark and I wish it were a higher resolution/larger so I could enjoy more of the goodness.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I have to second the wish for more pixels, but what you have looks very cool. Have some rep

I've changed the enlargement link to what it was originally, a much larger file xD

Nice one. I too like the colors and texturing. Of course, I'm a sucker for post-apoc-looking stuff, and this certainly has that. Your naming is even slightly Gamma Worldish. What's this for, BTW?
    M

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

that is incredibly cool!
    **ideas**
    *rep*

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    Nice one. I too like the colors and texturing. Of course, I'm a sucker for post-apoc-looking stuff, and this certainly has that. Your naming is even slightly Gamma Worldish. What's this for, BTW?
    M
    Oh thank you! Hehe yes, you can't go wrong with post-apocalyptic styled worlds~

At the moment it's just a world I'm building up for my art, just so my university work and other stuff feels like it's going towards some overall theme.

I'm hoping to do something more with it at some point when I have more time, maybe a graphic novel or an animated film, although I'd love to use my world for a tabletop rpg some day (a bit hard at the moment in the town I'm living in, I'd have to wait until I move to a bigger city in a couple of years).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast