Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: October Entry - A Merchantman's tale

Ravs-

If each frame only adds another dash and the frame disposal is set to combine rather than replace, this is quite small (308kB). In yours, each frame is a full copy of the whole image, plus another dash:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	animated map2.gif 
Views:	106 
Size:	308.0 KB 
ID:	17661

This is easy in Gimp. I'm not sure what you are using to create the gif, however, so no suggestions on how to get there.

-Rob A>

Hi Rob, I'm using Serif Drawplus...it may have some sort of setting just to add the dashes rather than redrawing the entire map for each frame. At the moment I'm a bit time poor but I'll look into it. Thanks for the heads up that it's possible with an animated gif just to do the dashes rather than a whole redraw.

Always trying out new things Ravells... this could turn out really great I think.
    How did you create it?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Blog Entries

Hehe. That's really cool. Great work so far Ravs, I hope you get time to finish it.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Here's an update....begining to see a bit more of a story to it:

Thanks Ramah....it's a fun learning process. Gand: it's all done in Serif Drawplus which along with being a pretty good vector graphic proggie (with raster bolt-ons) also does flash animation. Doing the animation was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Anyway here's the next bit with a sea battle. If I have time (ho ho) I'll go back and try and fix the more crappy bits and see if I can script it to the music better. The music, btw is Danzon No. 2 played by the Venuzuelan Youth Orchestra. If you like grand orchestral pieces it's really worth downloading on itunes.

### Latest WIP ###

flash 091018.swf - 0.95MB

Nice...
    What's the colored stars supposed to represent, though?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Ah, the two cities are at war and the mercantman is bringing in supplies to one of them. Eventually the stars will get replaced by a something more 'warlike'. I'll have a running dialogue to explain what the merchantman is doing but I have no real idea what the story is or how it will progress.

Oh, that means I can add stuff to your story then.
    How about the ship needs repairs after the fight?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast