Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: October 2009 Entry - Siete Torres

Blog Entries

Thanks for spotting that. Curiously, both were in the green range on the color picker. I may not be able to see green correctly, but I know where it is so it's odd that I did that. Then again, there are a thousand ways to mess something up in PS so I shouldn't be surprised.

Blog Entries

Added bridge town and the low market, plus the wagoner's shop. Added the Dancing Bear Inn. The low market has the majority of the food sales in Siete Torres and boasts two eateries. Nobody leaves the low market hungry, unless they're broke.

Bridge Town is known for it's artisans. Between traffic from Bridge Town and the low market, the Dancing Bear has achieved a reputation of eclectic hedonism in the shadow of the monastery walls that is at least partially earned. The Dancing Bear is the most popular of the inns in Siete Torres for those without cash to spare.

I hope I got all the green out of Fish Town and the docks Ascension. Thanks again!

### Latest Wip ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Siete Torres.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	4.31 MB 
ID:	17642

The docks do look better and I really like what you did to the town so far.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Adept

Wow. I hereby claim this as my favorite city map ever. That is absolutely awesome.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very nice so far, the shadow on the eastern bridge is very well done. The houses in the fish market are still green though, but I think they look ok.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

This is looking simply amazing. I'd like to give you something constructive, but ... I can't find a thing except the green that's already mentioned.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

One of the roofs (winery? oktoberfest hall?) is edging over the stone wall a tad.

I love the way this is coming along, makes me completely rethink my own city map

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Blog Entries

Thanks CM. I'm constantly having to rearrange the layers to keep priorities straight.

Well I didn't like the thatch so I started over, keeping the old building arrangement. I like the fix much better. I also "fixed" the barn on the monastery grounds.

Finally, I put in all the buildings for Iron Town. This is where most of the smiths work since the slackers inside the walls have a hissy if anyone starts clanging a hammer on an anvil too early in the morning. Better breezes on the riverbank anyway and smithing is hot work.

Siete Torres boasts a host of smiths of all descriptions. Strictly speaking, there are more than a city this size could support, but such a volume of trade passes through the only practical east-west road in this part of the land. There are ferries in other towns both north and south, but ferries are a poor substitute for a proper bridge when you have thirty or more wagons to move across.

So folks come through Siete Torres. They pay their bridge taxes and resupply and repair their wagons. Teamsters can't wait to spend their pay on beer and weapons to defend their caravans.

### Latest Wip ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Siete Torres.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	4.62 MB 
ID:	17670
    Last edited by Immolate; 10-13-2009 at 11:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

This is looking quite wonderful!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I like the nunnery -- I wonder which sense of the word applies.

Cheers,
    Roger

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast