Thread: Worldself Islands

Wip Worldself Islands

Hey,
    so this is my first "serious" PC/software-made map (CC3).
    It was made according to tutorial found on youtube, posted by "joesweeney88"
    It is my first and more-less just a training map, and now, I dont know, what to do next with it.
    Thanks for comments and critics, please, go ahead.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Worldself Islands.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	3.76 MB 
ID:	17596  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Not bad for your first try, the only real 'nit pick' I have is the land masses are very polygonal. I'm not a CC3 user, so I can't tell you how to fix/correct that.

You're definitely 'on your way'.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I use CC2 so it may be different on CC3, but try fractalizing your shapes a little more. I usually keep clicking that line until I can't tell it's changing anymore.

Other than that, this is looking good! Have some rep for your first map

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

What you do with it next is write down all of the things that you want to do better with it then go and make a new map and work on those things. You have a fine map and, other than the landmass shapes, I think it's pretty good. You certainly have the basics down as well as some more advanced techniques so you're ready for bigger and better things. Well done.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks a lot for the comments, a will try and do my best next time, especially when I found the "fractalizing bottom" in CC3 finally.
    Sadly Im a little busy now, so I do not know, when Ill start the second map, but I hope soon.
    Thanks a lot again.