Thread: Oh Noes! I Think My Tablet is Broken :(

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Post Oh Noes! I Think My Tablet is Broken :(

Hey guys ... Google is failing me, and I know a LOT of people on here use tablets.

All of a sudden the calibration on my tablet seems to be off by a mile. When I hover it acts like I'm dragging, and when I tap nothing happens (presumably because the "tap" event happened an inch above the tablet). If I hold the pen well away from the tablet for a bit, sometimes it'll come back to normal, but this is happening more and more often.

At first I thought maybe it was the competing drivers that come with vista, but I just tried it on my work pc which has always worked fine, and it's doing it there too.

Is this thing toast?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Does your stylus have a battery in it? I know some do and maybe that might be it. I had that problem once, long time ago, with a crappy tablet that was like 20 bucks...needless to say I junked it Another possibility that I've noticed is that if the cord starts becoming loose it works all weirdly.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Hmm, checked on the pen (no battery) and the cord (reseating mutiple times didn't help). Thanks for the ideas, anything's worth a shot before I buy another one.

Ravells, we cross-posted. I've checked the Bamboo site and there's nothing in the knowledge base, my next step is going to be Wacom tech support I think.

Quick update -- I heard back from tech support, who said it sounded like my pen tip was stuck down. He recommended taking the tip all the way out, leaving it out overnight, and putting it back in tomorrow. I'm hopeful that this will solve the problem, since when I pulled it out a dog hair came with it. That seems to corroborate the stuck diagnosis. We'll know tomorrow

It worked!

So, hopefully now if anyone else has the same problem, they know what to try

Those dogs get everywhere!!! (my pen has little bite marks at one end - cats).

Glad to hear you're up and running Gidde. Wacom's products are really well made, sounds like their tech support is good too.

I have a Wacom tablet, and under the Pen Properties you can calibrate the pen just like a SmartBoard if anyone knows what that is. (my teachers use SmartBoards in school all the time)
    Eabrek23

-"All we have to decide is what to do with the time given to us."-
    -J.R.R. Tolkien-