Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A scorched world

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorus Prime View Post
    Water looks a lot better, but I don't think the spread effect on the smaller lakes in the middle works too well. It looks strange.

Otherwise that's a pretty map.
    Thanks for the comment. Sorry, I'm being dense this morning; when you talk about the spread effect on the smaller lakes, which ones are you referring to?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think Gregorus is referring to the smaller, darker lakes in the middle of the map. They appear to be very pixellated or maybe had a layer of noise added to them.

But overall this is coming along nicely.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Ah! Right, now I understand. Yeah, they've come out rather odd, even though they've had exactly the same treatment as the rest of the map. It's probably something to do with the initial stage of creating the landmasses. I hope I can do something to them by fidgeting with the layers I've already got - I rather like the way this one's heading and don't really want start over now (I will if I have to though).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12