Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: October Entry - Gromet and Friends vs Caravan Raiders

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Wip

Heheh

Well, I'll take it as a compliment that people are starting to take my ideas and run with them. If I've inspired someone, that makes me happy

Well, I got tired of drawing and put some work into the parchment textures. The one for the regional map will stay more or less as is, perhaps a bit more aging and a close encounter with the mudflats at the river ford

Speaking of river ford, that's the first encounter map. It's still not done, I ended up running errands and taking a break from drawing this one out today and worked on other projects. I resized the regional map a bit to give some room around the edges for comments, I might do something similar with the smaller maps, but less likely - I'll be using those more like insets (hrm, now that's an idea...). So consider the parchment texture on the encounter map as being a temporary thing

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	regional copy.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	791.8 KB 
ID:	17667   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	river encounter copy.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	347.8 KB 
ID:	17668  

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Post Gidde is right...

Gidde is right, the symbol you used for grass is traditionally used to describe swamp terrain, however, I've seen grassland symbols that look like what I posted below. Just an idea for symbol replacement!

GP

Name:	grassy-hand-drawn.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	17669  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Ah, maybe that's what i was trying to do.. I seem to recall the swamp one having a flat line across the bottom so I avoided that.

Ok! Ramah is now officially in swamp country

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

I like the style, particularly the lettering.

Cheers,
    Roger

Wip

Well, i decided to work on the main map for additional inspiration before I do the bandit camp.

As if Gromet wasn't cool enough already, he's developed a bit of a sarcastic streak I think he's been influenced by Alwen more than he's willing to admit... (Incidentally, Alwen seems to have mellowed out a bit since the last map)

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	regional copy.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	17792  

My finished maps

Very funny... I should start hanging out with Gromet more often.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Gromet may have a career doing celebrity roasts after he's done adventuring.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I'm seriously considering calling this done.

I was thinking about grunging it up a bit, but I got some feedback along those lines, and I agree - it's fine the way it is, there's enough going on I don't want to distract from.

The following map is not for the faint of heart, or those with poor bowel control. And once you see it, you can't unsee it. You have been warned.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	trademap.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	3.04 MB 
ID:	17856  
    Last edited by Coyotemax; 10-19-2009 at 04:27 AM. Reason: reupload and typos

My finished maps

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast