Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: October Entry - Gromet and Friends vs Caravan Raiders

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

AWESOMESAUCE with a side order of tranny Octoclops!

Well done sir.

Blog Entries

Looking great again. I especially like the little views of the camp and ford you have in there. It's kind of hard for me to take this seriously when there is "silk bound for Ramah" in it. Hehe.

One criticism I would level at it is that you have this completely hand-drawn map which looks like it has been done with pencil crayons on quite a rough paper, but all your dialogue labelling is very uniform in colour and crispness. So are they all using the same fountain pen? Wouldn't Gromet be using a crayon maybe? Personally, I think all the text could do with a slight blur on it (but then I maybe use that too much so don't take my word for that one, hehe). Maybe copy the text layers, and blur the one beneath a little so it doesn't look quite so digital.

Still, a very nice map and I have to admit, you did force a chuckle from my throat when I scrolled down and saw, "It's the Octoclops!"
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

You're right about the text.

That's been bothering me on and off, and at the time I finished everything else and decided it was done it wasn't bothering me right then.

At one point i was meaning to do exactly what you said, and adjust the transparency a bit so it wasn't quite so stand-outish.

An artist's work is never done!!

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Ok, I reuploaded over the previous version.
    Ran the text through the texturizer to break it up a tade and ran a light gaussian blur on it afterwards. Exactly what it needed!

Part of the issue is that most of this is hand-drawn on paper then scanned in, the rest is drawn with the tablet. And the fonts are fonts.

Yay! Thanks for the suggestion.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Blog Entries

Yeah, that looks a lot better to me. Thumbs up.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Blog Entries

Octoclops lives!

Map

Ok, the fiddling starts.

I did add some fold lines after all, nothing too drastic, but I think it helps (i don't know any adventuring group that could go through what they do and keep a large map -or even a small one - unfolded the entire time..). I did resist the urge to grunge it up with blood stains, watersplotches, etc.

I also changed the wording around in a few spots, nothing drastic, just helps the storyline along

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trademap.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	17879  
    Last edited by Coyotemax; 10-19-2009 at 10:28 PM. Reason: couldn't resist afterall.

My finished maps

Guild Novice

I have to say my favorite part (besides the amazing map) are all the little notes and characters filling in the space. The hand drawn look and feel is awesome!

thanks!! If someone enjoyed the map besides myself, that makes it all worth it!

My finished maps

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast