Thread: October Entry - Gromet and Friends vs Caravan Raiders

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Wip October Entry - Gromet and Friends vs Caravan Raiders

Heck with it, the more stuff I have going on, the busier I am, and the more distracted I am from my situation, which is good.

I decided to take a different tack on this one. I'm going to continue with Gromet and Co. from the previous challenge. This time they have been hired to protect trade caravans, and find the bandits themselves and deal with them. Only this time they made their own darn map Seeing as Gromet is the mapmaker, I figured I would hand-draw this time.

I'm actually going to include several maps on this one. First map, being posted now, is the regional map showing the general terrain and the caravan route between 2 major towns (working notes are still visible, and there's going to be a mountain chain down the middle-right) - also marked will be raiding party encounters.

I'll have at least 2 more maps, one of the mountainous region where they encounter the bandits for the first time, and another for the bandit camp itself while they plan out their approach.

This is fun, I haven't done a hand-drawn map for.. almost 25 years. Woah.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	368.0 KB 
ID:	17640  

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."