Thread: The Continent of Aeviheim

Default The Continent of Aeviheim

Over the past 9 months I've been working (on and off) on creating a map for a Live Action RolePlay that I hope to run about two years from now (when the current LARP campaign I'm running is over). The intention was to create a map that looked like it could be created by the cartographers of the setting, with the technology available to them. Suffice it to say the setting is medieval sword and sorcery.

Thank you, once again, to all the helpful people of the Guild who have offered constructive criticism on the map over the past 9 months and helped me get this far with it. Also a huge thank you to everyone who has created a tutorial on hand drawn map components, land mass generation in photoshop, coastlines, and the whole swath of tectonics, water flow, climates, etc!

The map elements (mountains, trees, cities) were drawn in Paint Tool SAI, using a tablet. They were then individually converted into Photoshop brushes, after which the map was composed in Photoshop. You can check out the work in progress thread over here, to see the development of this map over time.

Without further ado, here are two different size versions of the map, enjoy!

Name:  Aeviheim_thumb_200.jpg
Views: 1013
Size:  62.3 KB
    50% zoom version

Also a link to the full 100% zoom version is available here (18mb~).

This map will be printed off at A1 (841mm wide, 594mm tall) and put up on my wall, when I have the money for the printing and framing (or a canvas print, I'm undecided at this stage) something this big.
    Last edited by Tetrajak; 11-08-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Absolutely fine map!!!

A fine map, agreed. I like the flow and shape of the rivers, they're very artistic!

Great looking map. For me, its the mountains hands down. And the towns. And the colours. And the cartouche. And the dunes. Man, is there anything that's not amazing about this.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, everyone! I'm glad to see my first map so well received

Definitely one to be proud of (and yes, the rivers are very nice)!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Realy great map Love it