Thread: AUGUST CHALLENGE: A Rose By Any Other Name

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post AUGUST CHALLENGE: A Rose By Any Other Name

The August challenge is a hybrid idea started by Koor, and of course I thought I'd spice it up a little bit by making it a bit more specific and thus increasing the competition. Its a subject very near and dear to my heart also since I kinda based the sites design on one.

Create a decorative yet functional compass rose.

Guidelines:
    • Entry should be a useable compass rose with some level of transparency for placing on a map.
    • PNG format is preferred due to its anti-aliased transparency capability.
    • Bonus consideration for submitting an entry large enough for use in printable maps thus allowing anyone to use your entry.
    • Bonus consideration for providing additional information about your entry such as a background or citing a style reference.

Remember to follow the posting guidelines and to create your own threads for entries. PLEASE USE THE THREAD NAMING CONVENTION...

WIP posts in this forum are welcomed, use this thread to discuss the challenge itself including any questions you may have. You have one month...go!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Question So how does voting take place?

I do not see a mechanism for voting. Since submissions are over, how does voting take place?
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yup...poll is forthcoming. Still kinda getting settled in after my big Tampa vacation and Los Angeles Business Trip...yesterday was all work and no play...today hopefully will involve a little play.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin