Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ship hulls (Open ended)

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    Looks good, although the size is just a bit too small to enjoy all the details.
    I guess if you have to go to the bathroom, you are screwed?
    In the future, we won't need to use a primitive "bathroom" for waste disposal. Our medical nanomachines will constant clear our systems and manage waste, depositing it in sterile, easily handled packets that can be removed by any standard matter transmitter, which will normally scan for nanomachine signals for such services during idle time.

This saves valuable entity-hours and improves efficiency.

I like the shuttles. Have you done any fighters?

For small craft like these, I usually incorporate the head in the airlock (also missing from these diagrams - better hope you don't land anywhere with a dodgy atmosphere).
    Mapping a Traveller ATU.

See my (fantasy-based) apprenticeship blog at:

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...forums&sx=1024

Look for Chit Chat, Sandmann's blog. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by shantedracule View Post
    Sorry bout that this is a cropped version, got rid of alot of the excess trans area.
    Attachment 17791
    Now I see the interior, I know you are a trekker. I recognize the interior.

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    In the future, we won't need to use a primitive "bathroom" for waste disposal. Our medical nanomachines will constant clear our systems and manage waste, depositing it in sterile, easily handled packets that can be removed by any standard matter transmitter, which will normally scan for nanomachine signals for such services during idle time.

This saves valuable entity-hours and improves efficiency.
    The Air Locks on the first ar the two bulky objects in the first shuttle, and was not represented in the second but should be located toward the rear ramp door. They are not as bulky as most airlock chamber type aparatus due to the fact that these shuttles are not made to enter into dogy atmospheres (with the exception of the SAR and Breech shuttles, which have the entire crew wearing protective suites). Although I think I will build a couple science/exploration modles including a heftier airlock system.

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    I like the shuttles. Have you done any fighters?
    I have been staying away from fighters for the following reasons:

1. Fighters are relatively short range vessles containing 1-2 crew only
    2. I am using modls and maps made by others for the bases of these floor diagrams
    3. With the exception of a detailed lay out of weapons and avionics there is not enough material to justify a full map

ok so now we get into fighter crew-space designe:

In fixed wing aircraft used today we only find the inline style of cockpits. where the copilot sits directly behind and slighly elivated of the pilot. This is the optimal seating arangement for small compat craft due to the visual fields of both crew being similar.

In rotary aircraft you wind up with a few different functional arangements.
    Aircraft designed from start to finnish to be attack (AH-64; AH-1) utilise the same inline style as fixed wing aircraft. A roatary wing that was built for general purposes (UH-60) then later modified for assualt operations will have the side by side seating arangement.

THe only time you find contemporary attack craft with larger crews is usualy in the design of fire support; bombing; or onsight command aircraft.

THis dose not include a variety of arangements that are situated around other factors but have several combat possitions.

If you would like I could come up with a few stock cockpit designs that you could later fit into the desired fighter.

O... Heres a hint for you guys developing space RPGs not centered in somthing like startrek or SW. The FFA and the US Armed services uses a designation system for its aircraft. Figuring out one for the space borned by be advantages as well. While most think of space craft as more naval-like I see them as a mixture of naval and aviation.

The basic system works as follows:

There are up to two letters befor the dash UH-60A

THe first of these letters is the role of the aircraft UH-60A (in theis case we have a utility or general purpose)

The second letter designates the special properties of the aircraft UH-60A (H is used in the army to designate Helicopters), at this point we note that an aircraft that is fixed wing with no other special properties will not have this letter (C-130D; is a transport aircraft, we know its fixed wing due to the absence of other letters to the left of the dash)

The dash is just a seperator

The numbers to the right of the dash are known as the modle number UH-60A in this case this was the 60th utility modle that they look at.

THe trailing letter will only show if there are multiple versions I.E. if an upgrade to the aircraft habens then you will see it. the first version will automatically become the A version the it will procede through the alphabet from there. Not all of these actualy make it to production so there may be gaps in the alphabet.

On the civilian side most aircraft are designated by abriviating the company name with a number designation similar to the militaries. A Bel-35 is the 35 modle Bell aircraft

This is to be used as a jumping point one should develop their own systems I do sugest one for civilian and one for military.

Think I will post a tutorial describing the whole thing with desgnation and other stuff

Sorry been kinda dead on these forums lately; Had to move and other stuff been busy will be getting on later with more designes and impliments.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12