Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faldon

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Map Faldon

The client has allowed me to post the following map as a finished piece.

I had a lot of fun working on this one, and of course it came with it's fair share of frustrations. But when the home stretch hit, I didn't even notice the passing of time! A whole day gone, just poof like that.

This is the overland map for a game world, representing different areas in the game In the game screen itself, there will be no border (that I know of), I just added it for display on here And I finally found a use for the desert canyon texture!! I recycled a few of my typical sat-view textures, but most of the ones used here were created specifically for this map.

©2009 Illusory Studios.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	overworld_flat copy.jpg 
Views:	845 
Size:	3.03 MB 
ID:	17727  

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

Simply excellent

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very cool C-max!

You're churning out all kinds of goodness lately. Bravo!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Very nice!

Blog Entries

I have no idea where you find the time to do all the maps that you do. :s

I have to say I prefer the maps you make that aren't so obviously created from a tutorial, e.g. Pasis' but that is like saying I prefer cheesecake to cherry pie. I do but they are both damn tasty.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Thanks!

Well, I am still settling into my own style with the satview maps (as i've started calling them, heh). This is a total hodgepodge mix of layer masks a la craggles, layer effects a la pasis, rendered clouds a la ascension, and textures a la coyotemax

I really had a hard time with the mountains, they slowed me down for a whole 2 days. I wasn't able to get the latest technique to work properly, so I fell back on older techniques.

As to finding time to do these.. I'm still on medical disability, so I figure I'll take full advantage of the situation and be as creative as I can

Incidentally, between raiding the change jar and hoarding what I've made from commissions, I can get that intuos4 I've had my eye on since I started all this

*dance hop skip*

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Another Coyote Special... great work.

Hope that medical situation improves!
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Thanks, so do I

But I've determined to not let the job get in the way of my creativity ever again - even if I have to switch to a job that allows me to be creative

It feels like a part of me that was missing has been found.

And honestly, it was finding this site that did it.

Ok, enough, I'm starting to get mushy

My finished maps

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Congrats for the "I'm getting my tablet" you buried in all that!

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotemax View Post
    Thanks, so do I

But I've determined to not let the job get in the way of my creativity ever again - even if I have to switch to a job that allows me to be creative

It feels like a part of me that was missing has been found.

And honestly, it was finding this site that did it.

Ok, enough, I'm starting to get mushy
    Yeah, I know that feeling. I mean... I'm a "Financial Analyst", whic isn't what it sounds like... I'm basically a corporate cog that, soullessly, assembles monthly financial forecast and annual budget data and sometimes tries to make sense of that all but ultimately works tirelessly with little more than numbers as my friends... it saps the life out of me. Still... from where I sit now, the only thing I can see is that you gotta do what you gotta do to survive... just also gotta take some of that time off to work on creative stuff in order to stay sane...
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast