View Poll Results: What game console(s) do you own?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Play Station

8 44.44%
  • Wii

6 33.33%
  • X-Box

3 16.67%
  • Other

3 16.67%
  • None

7 38.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What game console do you own?

Question What game console do you own?

I'm curious what game console(s) people own, if any, and what they think of them and their features. If you answer other, please elaborate in a post.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

I own a PS2, which is probably as advanced as I will get in my game playing (at least, for non-computer playing). My brother has a Wii, and while it's pretty awesome, I can't justify the kind of prices anymore on these consoles. I've also found myself being drawn more and more to the older games that I grew up with, back when games still had a plot, and they weren't just a series of million-dollar movies that you occasionally get to push some buttons throughout. My wife is thinking about us getting a Wii, but I'm going to hold out and try to dig out my old SNES

The Campaign Builders' Guild - Part of the Alliance of Creative Communities, the Campaign Builders' Guild is your home away from home while searching for tips, reviews, criticisms, helpful hints, and resources for building a wonderful campaign setting.

Turtles All the Way Down - Blogging about Building Campaigns.

Guild Member

So far as recent systems go... I tested a Wii and happened to have $250 bux in pocket as I did so... it was well worth the money I think. Especially when you consider that the 360 and ps3 don't really offer anything new or innovative... just better graphics on the same ol stories.

The Wii on the other hand... well, it freaking rocks!!! Not only is it hilarious to watch my 6 year old son go wild on it... it's a blast for me.

No longer do children (or adults) have to sit on there arses and waste away working little more than minds anf finger muscles... the Wii makes you move. Well, provided you get titles like Wii Sports (included) or Wii play. I've actually broke a sweat doing some of the training exercises on Wii Sports. ((I'm not horribly out of shape either... just a bit off a beer gut... and it is well earned ))

So, you gotta ask yerself... $250 for loads of fun or... $400+ for the same ol' stuff with a paintjob.

Just doesn't add up if ya ask me.

So far as other systems I have well... i'm a collector and I currently have working models of the following consoles:

Atari 2600
    8bit NES ((two of these... one of which was thrown out my front door to smash on concrete and... it still works though it is missing the door for the cartridge slot now))
    Super Nintendo ((2 of these))
    Sega Genesis ((2 or 3, I forget and am not digging them out today))
    Sega CD
    N64
    Gamecube
    PS2
    Xbox

----handhelds----
    Old Gameboy somewhere
    Gameboy Advance SP
    Sega GameGear

I'd like to get an old Turbo Graphix 16 as well as an old Atari 7800. I could use an old Sega Master System too but, I don't go out of my way to get these things. I just take what i find at Yard Sales and Thrift Stores.

Anyway... Wii ROCKS BABY!!!!!
    Last edited by Duvik; 08-01-2007 at 03:06 PM. Reason: adding a few more to list
    The Tangled Web A community for players and DMs of online pen and paper style roleplaying.

I had an Xbox but have now switched to a PS2 and a Wii. I *love* the Wii. It makes console gaming far more sociable. Even my wife, who has no interest in console games will get stuck into the Wii for a game of tennis. The games at the moment are a little limited, I think it's wasted on FPS type games and far more suited to sports games or anything that involves waving your arms around - for example, what would be really interesting would be a game where you were conducting an orchestra.

On the PS2, right now, I'm playing Guitar Hero and GH2. Great fun and again, a nice change from the norm (I'm taking a very long break from FPSs).

Ravs

Based on what I'm seeing here and from others I've talked to it really sounds like the Wii is definitely the best way to go if you want to have a system that everyone will enjoy and that really breaks out of the tedium of other consoles.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.