Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Voradin

Post Voradin

The Empire of Voradin is young and small, occupying the lands west of the Inland Sea and south of the great independent port that is Waterdeep City. Though it is young, the empires' strength lies in ancient roots, for both the dwarven home of the Red Peaks and the famous college of Ganlan are united under the banner of the Emperor.

Voradin City, seat of the Empire, is a small sparkling jewel. It's magic and strengths are impressive sights to all free peoples who travel through its gates. Artistry and strength show in the towering, iron girded buildings and the walls upon which massive guardian defenders stand.

For all the Empires' power, there are still many dark dangers lying wait in the vast forest wildernesses and among the heavy earthen roots of the Starfall Mountains. The cursed lord of the forest, Timberjaw, still prowls among the great trees. Meanwhile, a mysterious evil is also roaming the land, growing in strength, whispering many lies and striking with great subtlety...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Voradin3.jpg 
Views:	1230 
Size:	3.17 MB 
ID:	18121  
    Last edited by RobA; 04-11-2013 at 12:12 PM. Reason: image update
    My debut novel, The Final Warden is available on Amazon.com in paperback and on Kindle.

Please visit my blog for more information about my writing and my art

Please visit my sketchbook on Conceptart.org
    TomCardin

Blog Entries

Wonderful map.

It looks like you've had another pass at the mountains which has cragged them up a little, made them less smooth. It looks good. The new font is better than the first one too.

Great stuff. Repped and rated.

Edit: Ah... well... rated anyway. I'll rep you when I can.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

I found a small glitch while looking at it a second time. There are some green spots looking out of place on the mountaintops south of the Deepwood Inn and southeast of the Mistvale Inn.

Wow..thanks for pointing those out. I completely missed them, popping my forest layers on and off made them stick out like sore thumbs...I am embarrassed at how much of it there was =(. Updated image above with fixes
    Last edited by Tom_Cardin; 10-28-2009 at 06:29 AM.
    My debut novel, The Final Warden is available on Amazon.com in paperback and on Kindle.

Please visit my blog for more information about my writing and my art

Please visit my sketchbook on Conceptart.org
    TomCardin

Very, very nice Tom Cardin! One of the better maps I have seen in some months on the guild. One with a pretty unique style as well. A tutorial might be nice
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

It was cool watching this progress to the wonderful work it has become. Great job!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

The forests are awesome. I wish I knew how to make those.. rep of course =]

Really nice map. Reped

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast