Hello to everyone.

I am a mature student currently studying ICT at Doncaster University Centre and have been given an assignment relating to a fictional map making company.

(I must firstly apologise as I have no experience of map making whatsoever - and hope this post does not offend anyone - it certainly is not my intention).

The basic idea of the assignment is to design a new computer room for the company and choose a selection of relevant computer hardware (for the room) that would best assist the map makers in their work.

One of the tasks is to provide 3 separate specifications of a single stand alone computer system:

1. A budget system which costs as little as possible but still just manages to do the job.
  2. A 'money is no object' system - basically a map makers 'dream' computer system.
  3. Finally a system that stands nicely between the two - a professional system that could be manage the job nicely but would not cost the earth.

Specific components would include monitors (size/resolution/make/model), graphics cards (make/model), RAM (suitable size) required, Hard disk storage (size) required and printers or plan printers (make/model) if necessary + any additional hardware you may feel is relevant.

I was going to try to contact a few businesses directly but noticed this forum and thought I'd give it a go.

If it's ok I will probably post a few questions over the coming months.

Also if anyone knows any sites or links etc... that would also be fantastic.

My email address should also be available if anyone wishes to contact me directly (if it's not available please let me know).

Many thanks.

Regards

Dave