Thread: Hi from Norway!

Post Hi from Norway!

Hi! lately i have found the joy of Cartography!
    i have wanted to make maps for my Rolleplays for a long time now, and now i finaly found a software that finaly let me do that, and its so much fun!

head over to my page at deviant art for maps and more info about me ^_^

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome aboard! For most of the day, deviantart is inaccessible to me (and I suspect others as well), so please post up some of your maps here as well

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thank you ^_^ allright i'll post my maps once i have annything to show, have only done one map so far..took me about 2 hours

now..if annyone would be so kind to send me an PM with their E-mail adresses or something, i would be really gratefull so i can contact you via MSN... i am really interested in learning as much about cartography as i possibly can so my maps can be better and more realistic, especialy when it comes to weather patern, Rivers and lakes, and stuff like that

Hey neighbour
    Yesterday today was tomorrow.
    My deviantart: http://darkaiz.deviantart.com/

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Honestly, posting up your works in progress and/or questions for the whole guild to see, while slightly intimidating at first, is a much better option than private messages/IM. First, you get the benefit of many seeing your questions and responding (less i-don't-know factor), and second, everyone who may have the same questions gets to see the answers and learn along with you.

For the specific things you mentioned, there are several threads devoted to weather patterns in the Regional/World WIP section of the forums, and this thread is invaluable for rivers/lakes.

ah okay ^_^ i have uploaded my first map now, or...well my first finished map, check it out in the Finished Map category

Quote Originally Posted by The Silent Cartographer View Post
    Thank you ^_^ allright i'll post my maps once i have annything to show, have only done one map so far..took me about 2 hours

now..if annyone would be so kind to send me an PM with their E-mail adresses or something, i would be really gratefull so i can contact you via MSN... i am really interested in learning as much about cartography as i possibly can so my maps can be better and more realistic, especialy when it comes to weather patern, Rivers and lakes, and stuff like that
    TSC> Put up your WIPs in the WIP Section. The Guru's (and the Picky Nosey "I have lots of time on the Internet At Work People like me) can look over them, give pointers or even just "Looks good" or "That bit *point* there looks funny... cant' tell you why..."

It's only nutters like me that bang out stuff on the train and don't really do WIPs (because I get about 7h in a week to work on stuff on Public Transport) because I tend to 3/4 finish them before I copy across and post.
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I notice you list your software as Campaign Creator 3. What is that?
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project