Thread: 2 Questions for Photoshop

Post 2 Questions for Photoshop

1. If I want to create a circular tower how can I "bend" the stone wall texture I have, so it can give the round shape to the building?
    If not, can someone suggest a technique to create pseudo-3d walls?

2. Sometimes the icon of a tool I've selected disappears and it's replaced by a small cross. It's frustrating trying to erase something when you don't see the size of the brush.
    Is it a shortcut I press that does thator something else?

Toggling between the crosshairs and the normal brush is done with the Caps Lock key.

To create the distortion you want, try Edit > Transform > Warp. Set the Warp type to Arch. Drag the handle that appears in the top middle of your object to adjust the warp. Unfortunately, that won't quite make the edges work out, so you may wish to change to Custom in order to adjust the corners to make it appear more round.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Blog Entries

I think you need CS2 or upwards to have the Warp tool, so just be aware you won't find it if your PS is earlier like mine.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

The best way to create 3D imagery is with a 3D app. Blender is a free one. Apparently, Bryce 5.5 is now free, too.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Look at the link here. On post #11 I explain a simple process.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by vhailor27 View Post
    2. Sometimes the icon of a tool I've selected disappears and it's replaced by a small cross. It's frustrating trying to erase something when you don't see the size of the brush.
    Is it a shortcut I press that does that or something else?
    Check your caps lock. Shift won't replace your brush/eraser/whatever with a cross hair, but caps lock will. Let us know if that works.

Thanks for your advice. I'll try them and see what happens.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

For 3D images you really need a 3d App. You might want to try DAZ Studio. It's free from there site

Respectfully, I disagree. 3d apps are fine, and they are powerful, but they're also quite complex. If you're just making some isometric icons or somesuch, taking the time to learn Blender or Daz, or even Sketchup, may not be the best use of time.

If you are going to dabble in 3d, then Sketchup is a good place to start. The interface is, in my opinion, much more intuitive than any of the other free 3d apps available.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name