Thread: [taken][unpaid]Fantasy/GamePitch (Independent Development). Guide Map Provided.

Post [taken][unpaid]Fantasy/GamePitch (Independent Development). Guide Map Provided.

Time Constraints

None.

Style

Tear Style

Scale

Huge; Well at least a resolution of 1200x1200. I don't want ask for something that is too big... as I am not openly putting up a commission. The more detail I have, the better labeling will go when it comes to marking Landmarks and writing the stories around them.

Description of Map

Basic Drawing of Geography/Main Features

I made the features Quite Large for representation. The Circular Mountain Chain with the lakes and River is a must, it's the main focus of the Game as that is the Faction where the player would start. The idea is the mountain range is impassable other than by a network of mines/caves in the mountains and a bridge that was constructed alongside a deep crevasse/canyon located somewhere else along the mountain chain (the bridge has been destroyed. As of now in the story, it is simply lore).

The Peninsula at the bottom right of the map is also a must, the shape was random, so I don't mind about that. As for the other Mountain Chain, I don't mind about that or any others that may improve the realistic nature of the map. The previous sentence also applies to rivers and lakes... eventually everything on the map would be thrown into the game.

The Desert is a must also.. it's location and size can be changed but, it does need to around the Circle Mountain Chain. Via the game's lore, the Desert itself used to be fertile but during the formation of the Circle Mountain Chain, the land that is now the desert was depleted of most vegetation and water.

Other than the Desert being by the Circular Mountain Chain and the Penisula, everything else is open for manipulation. The Map will eventually have about fifteen factions on it.

Technical Details about the Contract

If I can get my other two investment partners interested in the games development, the person that is doing this map will be paid and possibly even offered a contract of sorts (as we will need maps for cities, dungeons and the sort). I am not going to promise anything though as that would be arrogant of me. The Map is going to be used as a reference, so the better it is, the better the end result of the finished story will be. You will get credit for the map, wherever it ends up going w/ a website of your choice as a web link.

With that said, I will be willing to answer any questions you have and I am extremely delighted that I can post a request on this forum without paying a commission upfront. Meh, I may even end up paying you after I see the finished product.

If I am pm'ed requesting it, I am more than happy to share more information about the development via MSN Messenger or Emails. Thank You!
    Last edited by Sicuropoli; 10-21-2009 at 01:33 AM.
    "From the largest mountain flows the smallest stream which collects into a roaring river and over time, plows it's way through anything that stands in it's path. Time..."

This map is taken. I can't seem to change the title so I will let an admin do that.
    "From the largest mountain flows the smallest stream which collects into a roaring river and over time, plows it's way through anything that stands in it's path. Time..."

That was fast... I changed the title.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Blog Entries

Who took it? Tear?
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

I pm'ed Tear about it but, in the end, Sapiento took it. Sapiento sent me a PM about 4minutes before Tear responded to the first one saying that he didn't have time to do it (I was trying to offer to pay for him to do it). I guess Tear threw it towards Sapiento... or it just happened that Sapiento and Tear wrote their pm's at the same time. Wow that was a complicated response. I like Sapiento's style on the The Celesian Empire. Yet I like the realistic mountains and forest of Tear's map. Can't wait either way.
    Last edited by Sicuropoli; 10-22-2009 at 03:12 PM.

Sapiento has done some amazing stuff, congrats.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    Sapiento has done some amazing stuff, congrats.
    Thanks, Gandwarf. I hope I can come up with a with a map that comes near to Tear's great work.

This map is finished.

Or you can simply look at the finished product after I put clouds, cities, roads and the sort on it.

Attachment 18277