Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fantasy novelist saying hello!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Good to see some other writers here, and great to see another Vance fan: there's a man whose books deserve decent maps!

Quote Originally Posted by emphyrio View Post
    another Vance fan: there's a man whose books deserve decent maps!
    There are some. Men In Cheese's uberscarce "Lyonesse" RPG has some really good ones of that storyworld. Have you seen the one I did? (check my sig).

Welcome aboard!!!

My work is under CC licences, you can see wich one apply in the work itself, if there is no CC logo, you can assume is an: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence

Need more rights, just mail me and we can chat about it.

Blog Entries

Hey there, welcome to the guild. Can I have the number of your agent?

Ah... if only I could knuckle down and actually write my damn story I might have actually meant that.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by su_liam View Post
    Myself, I'm more of an unpublished(unpublishable?) wannabe poseur future science-fiction writer, but hey...
    And that's why we love you! (Misery loves company... )
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Töff - nice Ports of Call map!

Ramah - if I had an agent I'd love to share!

It's interesting that so many people are intersted in maps and writing here. They both tap into similar creative impulses although they work in different ways. Maps suit the perfectionist temperament, because you can get them 'perfect'; while writing is as much about acknowledging and accepting your imperfections. (I think you can make a perfect map, but you can't write a perfect novel...)

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Töff - nice Ports of Call map!

Ramah - if I had an agent I'd love to share!

It's interesting that so many people are intersted in maps and writing here. They both tap into similar creative impulses although they work in different ways. Maps suit the perfectionist temperament, because you can get them 'perfect'; while writing is as much about acknowledging and accepting your imperfections. (I think you can make a perfect map, but you can't write a perfect novel...)
    I don't know... I think you'll find as you dig deeper and deeper into mapping that you can never really get a 'perfect' map... you can keep tinkering and tinkering trying to make your maps better! Eventually, you just have to stop and say "it's good enough!".
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

so many people are intersted in maps and writing here.
    Gaming, too: both RP and board.

I attribute my love of maps to my childhood love of games. When I see a map, I want to start pushing tokens around on it.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by töff View Post
    I attribute my love of maps to my childhood love of games. When I see a map, I want to start pushing tokens around on it.
    I've been a gamer for a long time too, but I guess my reader/writer mentality shows through for maps. Because when I look at a map, I want to read about the people who live there. And I get really upset if I can't look at the map for a book I'm reading, lol.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12