Thread: Livingdice.com is seeking guest cartography bloggers

Post Livingdice.com is seeking guest cartography bloggers

Hello all,

I operate a gaming news site and blog at Livingdice.com and am interested in adding some cartography content to the site. I am simply not qualified to write about it, so I am looking for interested experts to help. To that end, I am putting out an open call to anyone that would like to post on the site about map making. There is no long-term commitment (one post or 100, it is up to you) and you can pick the topic. You can talk about your favorite maps, software or how to draw a decent river, pretty much whatever you like. My only request is that every post include a link back to the Guild, since I am mining it for authors, it is only polite.

Livingdice.com pulls between 10-20k unique visitors per month, so it is a significant audience that has the opportunity to see your post.

If you are interested, please private message me or respond to this post.
    Trask
    The Last Tyromancer
    www.livingdice.com

Post Maybe...

I might be interested, I've thinking about creating my own blog to help gain interest in the products I've been developing. The only thing is I don't use GIMP much which is more accessable to many potential mappers.

I use Xara Xtreme Pro 4.0 - which seems to make me one of its only users for map-making, thus it might be weird to audiences to try and delve in.

As the first deputized member of the River Police, I have some geographic expertise, so discussions on rivers, mountains, tectonic plates, etc could make for some interesting articles. Plus I create lots of maps, so I'm always working on something, and I am also a pro - I get paid commissions all the time, thus I might have some thoughts on helping others do the same.

I'll wait for anyone else interested, before I formally volunteer.

But, the idea is intriguing.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I'm interested. I'll follow up by pm.

Post The more the merrier

Thank you for the quick response! I will follow-up with each person individually to discuss their posts. Also, I do not have any limitation on the number of participants. If there are several, it just means the posts will be spaced out a bit to avoid topic overload on the site. If you want to write something, I can get you posted!

Thank you,
    Trask
    The Last Tyromancer
    www.livingdice.com