Thread: Aeven

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

Post Aeven

ok, so I think I've finally gotten a desirable result, after hours of pixel drawing on COREL paint. Its certainly not high quality work or anything, but I'm pretty sure things are coming along nicely, compared to my earlier works.

WIP thread here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=7432

Anyways, I'm always open to suggestions!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AEVEN LAND..jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	871.8 KB 
ID:	17965  

I like it, the water is definitely improved from the map you linked, but what are those blue lines in the top right mountains above Whiteheath? if they are streams it seems unatural, but if there is a history behind it then it's ok. Also some of the labels, the small ones around Aurithorn are a bit hard to make out. other that that it's great.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

yah the blue around there is a sort of magical radiation type zone, I was trying to make it look like a volcano with blue lava coming out of it, so yah , just me trying a new type of region.

as to the labeling, could you be more specific as to which ones? my comp is showing them all pretty clear to me.

thx!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Cool idea, with the magic blue lava-type stuff. Try giving it a glow/aura, that might make it a little more clearly mystical.